What we offer
We offer a wide range of expertise in civil, structural, water supply, irrigation, solid waste, wastewater, and environmental engineering and environmental sanitation. The firm is also offers project management and site supervision services.
We also offer subcontracting services to other consulting firms capitalising on our ability to scale up to any job’s requirements to deliver to the Clients’ expectations efficiently and effectively. CIVILIA is technologically driven and mainstreams ICT in the delivery of cost competitive services.
Areas of expertise
Research and Development
1. Mtungila, J., Chirwa D., Whether valve-throttling effectively regulates network pressure towards water demand management. Paper presented at 2011 WASAMA Congress in Lilongwe, Malawi, 21st March 2011.
2. Mtungila, J., Mamba, G. Mpasa, M., Gonani, G., Water Infrastructure and Development, Paper presented at the Malawi Institute of Engineers (MIE) – Association of Business Journalists (ABJ) Workshop held on 21st and 22 January 2011 at Capital Hotel in Lilongwe, Malawi.
3. Mtungila, J., Development of Calculation Procedures for Wastewater Treatment Technologies for a Training System (EDWAVE), MSc Thesis, Lappeenranta University of Technology, Faculty of Technology, Chemical and Process Engineering, Finland, 2010.
4. Mtungila, J., Chipofya, V., Issues and challenges of providing adequate sanitation to the people living on the shore of Lake Malawi: Case of Monkey Bay, Malawi. Desalination 000 (2009) 1-7, Elsevier. Presented at the Water and Sanitation in International Development and Disaster Relief, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK, 28th to 30th May 2008.
5. Mtungila, J.W., Chipofya, V.H., Grimason, A. M., Comparison of sanitation coverage amongst rural villages located around Lake Malawi with Government of Malawi and Millennium Development Goal targets: case of Monkey Bay. Environment and Health International. Magazine of the International Federation of Environmental Health, 2008; Congress edition. ISSN 1726-9210.
6. Chipofya, V., Kawiya, R., Mtungila, J., Evaluation of greenhouse gas emissions in the waste management sector, 2008 National Research Council of Malawi Annual Research Conference, Lilongwe, Malawi; 11th to 14th March.
7. Mzinza, D., Muhire, A., Mtungila, J., Fortification of blended wheat sorghum flour with fish protein concentrate (FPC), 2008 National Research Council of Malawi Annual Research Conference, Lilongwe, Malawi; 11th to 14th March.
8. Chipofya, V., Mtungila, J., A study on improvement of sanitation in rural areas along Lake Malawi, at 8th WaterNet/ WARFSA/ GWP-SA Symposium, Lusaka, Zambia; 31st October to 3rd November 2007.
9. Mtungila, J., Water and Culture; Integrating Culture into Water Resources Management, 2006 World Water Commemoration Day organized by Southern Region Water Board, Mangochi, Malawi.
10. Mtungila, J., Potable Water and Improved Sanitation in Slums, 2006 World Habitat Day Commemoration organized by Concerned Youth Organisation, Blantyre, Malawi.